As businesses prepare to reopen under the 3-phase Open Up and Recover Safely plan presented by Governor Stitt on Wednesday, we want to share City Hall’s plans for its own facilities.
The lobbies and common areas of all City-owned facilities will remain closed to the public through May 31st. This includes the following locations:
• CITY HALL-The building will remain closed to the public, HOWEVER; you can still pay your utility bills at the drive thru window. While the building is closed, we are making modifications to the lobby area for the safety of the public and City staff.
~City Hall staff, Water Plant, Water/Sewer Maintenance and Street crews will continue to perform their duties. If you have a question or need to report an issue, please call City Hall at (918) 885-2164.
• EMS, FIRE and POLICE DEPTS-Although the Emergency Services stations remain closed to the public, the staff of these departments continue to serve the public. If you have an emergency, please call 911. If you have non-emergency related calls, please use the following phone numbers:
~Police Dispatch-(918) 885-4545
~Fire Station- (918) 885-2328
~EMS Station-(918) 885-2154
• HOMINY SENIOR CITIZENS CENTER-The Center and dining hall remain closed until further notice; BUT Center staff will continue to prepare lunch meals for delivery to their Meals on Wheels clients. They will also continue to provide meals for the Drive Thru Meal Pick UP program. If you are interested in signing up for this program, call the Senior Center at (918) 885-2112 after 1:00pm, Monday-Friday to complete a verbal intake questionnaire with Center Staff (NOTE: this is only for the Meal Pick Up program. We are not accepting applications for meal delivery at this time).
• LIBRARY-the library will remain closed until further notice.
• SWIMMING POOL-Because of the uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 virus, the Swimming Pool will not open this summer. Several factors have informed this decision, including the inability to get certification training for lifeguards and staff because the agencies that offer the trainings are not open at this time. We also feel that it will be difficult to maintain proper social distancing at pool side.
• SPLASH PAD-We plan to open the Splash Pad in June with certain restrictions in place. We will provide more details before it opens.
• HOMINY LAKE and PUBLIC PARKS-These recreation areas are open to the public. Please continue to observe proper social distancing. NOTE: Because the Police Station will be closed through May 31st, we are not requiring you to purchase City fishing permits during this time. Please check with State agencies for policies on purchasing state licenses and permits.
We want to assure you that, although our facilities may be closed to the public and the manner in which we conduct business may look different, our service to the Citizens of Hominy is continuing without interruption. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call City Hall at (918) 885-2164.